A company or a business is not just the product or service and the business owner alone. The success of the business cannot be attributed only to the brain behind the business. Each and every employee forms a part of the company and contributes his share to the success or growth of the business.
Why Motivate Employees
It is very important to stay motivated in a business so that we can give our best and push ourselves to do more and do better. Similarly, it is important to motivate your employees too, because without them the company could not have grown and succeeded in what it is today. Even if the growth has not been anything to feel proud of, every employee is responsible for whatever the business is today. Motivating them will only help you improve.
If you need some inspiration and ideas to motivate your employees, you can always read a number of entries on Truly Coin and similar websites. However, here are 7 tips to motivate your employees:
- Have a regular meeting where you talk about how well the company or business has done so far and thank them all for their efforts, however small it may be
- Acknowledge each person’s effort no matter how well it turned out. Appreciating efforts will make them do better and not give up, rather than appreciating only good work
- Have a reward for the best performer to make them compete and push themselves harder
- Have a team outing on a regular basis to boost team building and compatibility among team members. This will enable them to do better as a team
- Have a guest speaker once in a while to come and inspire your employees as a whole. Some may have a biased feeling towards you or other employees. When it is an outsider, everyone is more open to the topic of discussion
- Have a weekly relaxing session to show you care for their mental health too. This could be simple dinner, a potluck meal if you don’t have the budget or just a small game within the office
- Have a family day once in a while where the employees can bring a member from the family and show around. Everyone wants to look good in front of their family and these visits will motivate them to do better.